MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® YETI® Sweepstakes
Redeem 25 Reward Miles to enter for a chance to win one personalized YETI® RamblerTM 20 oz. Tumbler. Ten lucky winners will be randomly selected to receive a Prize! The approximate retail value of each Prize is $64.23 CDN.
How to Enter
Simply redeem 25 Reward Miles to enter for a chance to win (or enter by mail). You may enter as often as you wish between October 1, 2016 and January 2, 2017. No purchase necessary. See Official Rules (below) for complete details.
MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® YETI® Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® YETI® Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada who are 18 years of age or older as of October 1, 2016 (or the legal age of majority in their state or province of legal residence), and who are members of the MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® program at time of entry. Enrollment in the MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® program is FREE. Employees of SOPUS Products ("Sponsor") and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, participating advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents including step-relations) and/or those living in the same household of such employees (whether or not related) are ineligible.
All Potential Winners are subject to verification before a Prize, as defined in Section 5, will be awarded. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable, federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. By entering in the Sweepstakes (each an “Entrant”), all Entrants and Prize winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its authorized representatives, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 a.m. (CT) on October 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (CT) on January 2, 2017 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER:
All Entrants must be a member of the MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® rewards program (the “Program”). Enrollment is FREE. Enrollment during the Sweepstakes Period as a new member in the Program is allowed. To set up a MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® rewards account ("Rewards Account"), you must register at www.mymilesmatter.com. You must use a computer, tablet, or smart phone device with Internet access to access the website and then you must enter your first name, last name, email address, password, physical mailing address, a security question and answer as well as whether or not you own and/or drive a diesel vehicle. While registering, you must accept the Terms and Conditions that are posted on www.mymilesmatter.com, after which registration for the Program is complete. Only the individual named as the primary account holder (the "Member") will accrue miles and will be entitled to access Rewards Account information. Message & Data Rates may apply. Other charges may apply. Entrants should check their mobile plan for rates and other details.
MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® program members have two ways to enter the Sweepstakes (each an “Entry”):
a) Enter by redeeming Reward Miles:
You can redeem some or all of your MyMilesMatter Reward Miles to enter the Sweepstakes. You will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes for each twenty-five (25) Reward Miles you redeem for a Sweepstakes entry at www.mymilesmatter.com during the Sweepstakes Period. You must redeem a minimum of twenty-five (25) Reward Miles in one transaction to receive an entry. Entries will not be provided for increments of less than twenty-five (25) Reward Miles. You may redeem Reward Miles for Sweepstakes entries as often as you wish during the Sweepstakes Period, subject to the number of Reward Miles in your account. All online entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period; OR
b) Entry without purchase:
USA residents: legibly hand-print in ink on a 3” x 5” card your first name, last name, email address (required), telephone number (optional), mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code and then mail with first class postage affixed to MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® YETI Sweepstakes, Offer #O1282, P.O. Box 809004, Houston, Texas, USA, 77280-9921.
Canadian residents: legibly hand-print in ink on a 3” x 5” card your first and last name, email address (required), telephone number (optional), mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, province, postal code and then mail with first class postage affixed to MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA®/md YETI Sweepstakes, Offer #O1282, P.O. Box 26045 Churchill, Mississauga, ON., L5L 5W7.
There is no limit on mail-in entries, however, only one (1) entry per postmarked envelope. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by January 2, 2017 and received by January 13, 2017.
For all Entrants: Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void.
Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and
logins, cheating or fraud, through a sweepstakes club or similar entity, or any other unauthorized methods will void all of the Entrant’s Entries and
Entrant will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Proof of entry submission is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor. Only eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period will be eligible for the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online participant in the Sweepstakes, the entry will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter. Potential Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All Entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, delayed, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted, garbled or illegible Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any failure to capture Entries, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: On or about January 16, 2016 at or about 3:00 p.m. CT at 6450 Clara Road, Suite 100, Houston, Texas 77041, Sponsor (or its authorized representative) will randomly select ten (10) potential winners from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, ("Potential Winner(s)"). Potential Winners will be contacted via telephone or email address (in Sponsor's discretion), based on the contact information provided during enrollment in the Program or on the mail-in Entry, in order to notify him/her that he/she has been selected as a Potential Winner and to verify eligibility.
5. PRIZE, ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Prizes (10). A total of ten (10) Prizes to be awarded, (each a “Prize”). Each Prize consists of one (1) personalized Shell ROTELLA® branded YETI® Rambler™ 20 oz. Tumbler.
B. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $500.00 USD/$650.00 CDN.
C. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. An Entrant can increase chances of winning by submitting multiple eligible Entries during the Sweepstakes Period.
D. All costs, fees and other expenses not specified in these Official Rules are the winner's sole responsibility.
E. Potential Winners may waive the right to receive the Prize; or must be able to accept the Prize as awarded in its entirety or not at all. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if a Potential Winner cannot be reached at the telephone number or e-mail address on his/her Entry within five (5) days after the second attempt by Sponsor to contact the Potential Winner, the Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected by random draw from all remaining eligible Entries until a Sweepstakes winner is declared. If the Prize is ignored, returned as unclaimed, or undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Potential winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a Prize, in whole or in part, is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize, or a portion thereof, with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
No more than one (1) Prize per Program member and email address.
Subject to verification of eligibility, each Prize will ship to the mailing address provided by the confirmed winner approximately 4-6 weeks after winner verification. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for any local, federal and/or provincial taxes payable in respect of the Prize. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a Prize, or portion thereof, is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
Any depiction of the Prize(s) or any element thereof in promotional and advertising materials in connection with the Sweepstakes is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual Prize(s) awarded.
Canadian Residents only: If a Canadian resident, a Potential Winner must, in addition to all other Sweepstakes requirements, correctly answer, within a limited time period, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be declared a Prize winner. The Potential Winner(s) may be required to sign, have notarized and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (expect where prohibited by law), within the time specified by Sponsor before being declared a Sweepstakes winner and receiving the Prize. Without limitation, ineligibility or non-compliance will result in forfeiture of the Prize in its entirety.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void.
Each Potential Winner will be subject to verification by Sponsor or its authorized representatives, whose decisions are final and binding. In order to be declared a winner, the Potential Winner must meet all eligibility requirements and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. A Potential Winner is not the Prize winner unless and until Potential Winner’s eligibility has been verified and Potential Winner has been notified that verification is complete and any necessary documentation has been properly submitted to Sponsor or its authorized representatives.
Potential Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law), within a time period specified by Sponsor before being declared a winner and receiving the Prize. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner's persona, name, biographical information, opinions, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, review, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, human or other error in the printing of Sweepstakes communications and/or collateral advertising materials, administration of the Sweepstakes, processing of Entries or in the announcement of the Prize winners or in any other materials or information associated with the Sweepstakes. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more prizes are claimed than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize(s) by random drawing from all eligible claimants for the Prize(s). Only one (10) Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, cheating, technical failures, or any other causes, technological or otherwise, which corrupt, disrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any and all aspects of the Sweepstakes and/or Official Rules at any time and without notice, and Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to select the Potential Winners from eligible entries received prior to the date of such action, or as otherwise deemed equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual it suspects, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be cheating, or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner. If Sponsor suspects that any Entrant has or appears to have submitted mass Entries, or Entries generated by an automated program, bot, script, robotic, macro or use of any other devices that is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Caution: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
7. INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE OF LIABILITY: EACH ENTRANT AND EACH PRIZE WINNER AGREES, BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ACCEPTING A PRIZE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, PARTICIPATING DEALERS (AND THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES), PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ANY OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS PROMOTION AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COSTS, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S), PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION - RELATED ACTIVITY WHETHER HOSTED BY SPONSOR OR A THIRD PARTY OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. INDIVIDUALS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE. A WAIVER BY SPONSOR OF ANY TERM IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF ANY OTHER PROVISION.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANT'S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE WWW.MYMILESMATTER.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT FOR ANY STANDARD WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER OF THE PRIZE(S) TO THE WINNER(S), SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR, ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEIR QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Standard data plan rates may apply if entering on a smart phone device or tablet. Other charges may also apply; check your mobile plan for rates/details.
10. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant who is a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Prize(s), or any portion thereof, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in Houston, Texas; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 8 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant who is a legal resident of Canada agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the Prize(s), or any portion thereof, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws of Canada, as applicable, and such Entrant shall irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules; and (ii) in addition to the limitations in Section 8 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and federal laws applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
11. RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC:
Not withstanding Section 10 above, for Entrants residing in the Province of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of the MyMilesMatter by Shell ROTELLA® YETI Sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") for a ruling. Submission to the Régie is only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency, between the English-language version and the French language version of these Sweepstakes Rules, the English version shall prevail and govern.
http://rotella.shell.com/about-our-website/privacy-policy.html in the United States;
13. WINNERS LIST:
The names of the Sweepstakes Prize winners will be posted online on or before March 1, 2017 at www.mymilesmatter.com.
SOPUS Products, P.O. Box 4427, Houston, Texas 77210-4427.
Canadian address: Shell Canada Limited 400 – 4th Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H5.
All currency conversions as of September 7, 2016.
YETI and YETI Rambler are registered trademarks of YETI COOLERS, LLC, which is not a sponsor and in no way responsible for the administration of this Sweepstakes or the verification of the Potential Winners. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor and not to YETI COOLERS, LLC.
© 2016 SOPUS Products. All rights reserved.